My good deal, What's your score story?

Reaction score
I have the opposite story. We have done a lot of work for banks helping fix up foreclosed properties the last few years.We had a con
do project that we finished for a bank and a whole garage full of building supplies we had to clear out. I rented a dumpster and filled it up. By the next day there was a line of cars waiting to get stuff. One person even harassed one of our workers that he saw something a few hours earlier and now it wasn't there anymore by the time he got his truck. I could have saved the cost of the dumpster and just put everything outside!
Thats a gteat score!! My husband is a broker and buys up all hose rehab houses and we often get a few goodies.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We never have to worry about throwing anything away - on the night before trash pick up, we can put ANYTHING on the curb and we know that someone will come along and take it. We have one guy who goes around with a trailer and just pitches stuff in. I have no idea what they do with some of this stuff, but I'm happy to see it go somewhere other than the dump!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Lisa, Because I represent banks I can't take anything from the foreclosures, but once we cleaned out a property and we found a whole case of vodka hidden in a closet and a couple really good bottles of champagne mixed in. I knew that if I went back to the bank with this information they would probably spend more money on legal advice on what to do with it then what the case of liquor was worth. Also because it was liquor I didn't want to sell it or throw it away and have any liability on who ended up with it and what they did with it. Let's just say everyone had good holiday cheer that year!

ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
It's not really a deal or anything, but one "score" that I like to get is catching some of the fish in my pond locally. I love to fish, and if I catch something besides the average sunfish, catfish, or bass, and as long as its something that won't harm my koi or goldfish, I like to take it home and quarantine it. I used to have a wild carp and a black buffalo. Unfortunately they were among the victims of the Great Corn Leaf Epidemic of 2011. Currently, I have a fairly large River Carpsucker, Carpiodes carpio, which I have had for over a year and is doing quite well. It gets along with my fish great. He has different swimming habits than koi and is interesting to watch as he searches the bottom for food.
e77bbef1-0c87-4584-aa0c-7283827de239_zpsef0f5694.jpg

(this isn't a very clear picture of him but it's the only one I apparently have right now)

This local farm pond that I fish at has a large orange koi or goldfish that someone must have dumped. You can see the beast swimming around from the bank. I have spent countless fishing trips out there trying to catch the thing, but it never goes for anything I throw at it :bored:

Reaction score
well anytime you need to have
It's not really a deal or anything, but one "score" that I like to get is catching some of the fish in my pond locally. I love to fish, and if I catch something besides the average sunfish, catfish, or bass, and as long as its something that won't harm my koi or goldfish, I like to take it home and quarantine it. I used to have a wild carp and a black buffalo. Unfortunately they were among the victims of the Great Corn Leaf Epidemic of 2011. Currently, I have a fairly large River Carpsucker, Carpiodes carpio, which I have had for over a year and is doing quite well. It gets along with my fish great. He has different swimming habits than koi and is interesting to watch as he searches the bottom for food.

(this isn't a very clear picture of him but it's the only one I apparently have right now)

This local farm pond that I fish at has a large orange koi or goldfish that someone must have dumped. You can see the beast swimming around from the bank. I have spent countless fishing trips out there trying to catch the thing, but it never goes for anything I thr

Wow sounds like the BEAST is enjoying and adapting to its wild habitat just fine! My friend just told me one of her favorite fish was her catfish from a fishing trip!!! She hasn't seen it and is wondering if its dead or down in the winter hole hanging out. I'm going to round one up for my pond this summer.

Reaction score

This local farm pond that I fish at has a large orange koi or goldfish that someone must have dumped. You can see the beast swimming around from the bank. I have spent countless fishing trips out there trying to catch the thing, but it never goes for anything I throw at it :bored:

Searching the bottom for food sounds like he is a good helper for your pond bottom!!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my son just scored on ebay the bio verse balls that have live bacteria for 19.00 and there were 8 of them .I used to pay 29.00 dollars for just 1 .Since the pond is not established I have to get it going .They use them here on large farm ponds also

ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Wow sounds like the BEAST is enjoying and adapting to its wild habitat just fine! My friend just told me one of her favorite fish was her catfish from a fishing trip!!! She hasn't seen it and is wondering if its dead or down in the winter hole hanging out. I'm going to round one up for my pond this summer.

My dad put some of his friend's catfish in the indoor tank that I was keeping my fish over the winter. Now over half my fry from last year have been consumed. Be careful with putting catfish in your pond. They eat fish! FISH! :cry:

Searching the bottom for food sounds like he is a good helper for your pond bottom!!!!

I think he helps, it's hard to tell haha

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Down here we see a guy drive through every trash morning picking up metal and other stuff, we always pile any metal to the side so he can get it easily.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My hubby's trunk leaks. He took the jack and spare tire out to let it dry out behind our garage where he parks. Next morning, the jack was gone. Guess they thought we were throwing it out ... lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Idiots here were pushing there luck and got caught .They caused 6 or more accidents before they got caught .They were going around loosening the lug nuts on peoples cars .Sad to say they were all under the age of 14 and all of them showed no remorse for what they did .It was in the paper here that the 1 boy stated to the judge that those white people deserved it and another 2 said it was fun .There mothers never even showed up in court .3 of the boys were brothers .There were 6 of them ,but the police think there were more of them .

Ask a Question