IMG_20220326_173646.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 49
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My mate said he never test hi ponds armonia and pH levels
Well, your pond is quite lovely, but it's also quite small to house koi - even only one koi. If you don't keep a very close eye on the filtration system & also test your water parameters very regularly, sooner or later (probably sooner) your fish waste levels will overwhelm your filtering capacity & you'll end up with fish health problems or even, sadly, "sudden" death.

It's not that we don't want you to be happy & enjoy the lovely pond you've set up, it's just that we also recognize what koi & other pond fish need to, not just "survive", but to **thrive**.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, your pond is quite lovely, but it's also quite small to house koi - even only one koi. If you don't keep a very close eye on the filtration system & also test your water parameters very regularly, sooner or later (probably sooner) your fish waste levels will overwhelm your filtering capacity & you'll end up with fish health problems or even, sadly, "sudden" death.

It's not that we don't want you to be happy & enjoy the lovely pond you've set up, it's just that we also recognize what koi & other pond fish need to, not just "survive", but to **thrive**.
Think il get a kit when I get paid how many tests do u get in the api kliquid kit

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Think il get a kit when I get paid how many tests do u get in the api kliquid kit
The API kits have enough drops to do more tests than you'll likely need in a season. You'll need the 'Master Test Kit' which does ammonia, nitrite, ph & phosphate, as well as a kit for KH & maybe one for nitrate. (those last ones are sold separately) For better or worse, the smaller the pond, the harder it is to keep in 'balance', and therefore the necessity for more testing.

Ask a Question