My pond in progress

Reaction score
Here is my pond in progress. I have been working on it now for two years.
img_0508.jpg
img_0511.jpg

I had someone look at it that told me that if I was going to have someone come in and build one like this that it would have costed me over $10,000. The nicest part about this is that I got every bit of rock for FREE. I just had to haul it.

I created a simple web page that chronicles how my pond was built. I have lots of pics on the page.http://www.phpwebscripting.com/pond/index.html

comments are welcome.

Dan B.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome! they like you to introduce your self in the introduction thread first, and post where you are from in your user information.

WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Your pond looks very nice.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome dbemowsk and 2 years of work looks really good and I'm sure you will still find things to add as we all do .But that looks really good nice job and it will keep costing money lol it always does doesn't it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I looked at your build pics and I really like the waterwheel your planning and trellis some build there and work

Reaction score
Another thing I am adding to the setup is a small windmill to power some of it. I have the windmill built, I just need to put it up after the snow goes away. I may even put a small solar panel on the setup too. I figure going green adds it's own kind of color to the pond.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice pond, welcome aboard. I like the water mill, Just beware not to put too much as far as for waterwheel, windmill, decorations. You start getting too much and it starts taking away from your pond project itself. But I like the idea of going green. pretty cool! Your pond as it is is nice and clean and I really like the look of it as is now.

Reaction score
In our area of central Wisconsin there is a lot of this rock. All I needed to do was petition the farmers and you'll usually find one that just wants to get rid of it, and if you are willing to haul it away for them, they are more willing to give it away.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can do that here and when you see farmers here that will pile it out by the end of there property with a sign that says free

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Dan B. Welcome to the forum from another Midwesterner. That is a lot of rocks! I hope your back is ok. How many gallons is your pond and how deep is it?

Reaction score
The old back got a workout that summer I must say. I made a lot of trips to the rock piles to get all that, but hey... It was free.

I have not calculated how many gallons it is. I wasn't sure how to calculate it because I made it such an odd shape. The deepest part is where the hole is for the pump and that is around 3 feet deep. Where the fountain is is around a foot deep, and that is the shallow area of the pond, but the rest is between a foot to a foot and a half.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am still hauling rock, lol, it is a never ending haul until done..........which most likely be never!

Reaction score
Well, I think I am pretty much done with the rock except for needing a little to fill in some gaps, the next thing is going to be the arbor and the water wheel/mill house that I plan to add this summer.

Ask a Question