sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Plus the energy savings you would have with it Lisak .Every one like a lower electric bill .Even though my rates went up my bill went down after all the updates .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I guess I'm still confused why you felt the second pump was necessary? Why not one variable speed pump? It's really none of my business - just curious about the thought process.
The variable speed will be run 100% of the time
The second pump is back up if variable speed pump goes down or needs service. I may also use occasionally if I wanted additional flow just for show.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
54A82482-C5AA-4088-9A80-2DD1AA089C62.jpeg
Liner is buried :). All the Little Rock’s up top are not staying. I just set them up there for easy access when I fine tune water flow.
Picking up beach rock tomorrow so I’m hoping i will have it up and running this weekend!

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have had a few but all leaked in the pond and hubby had 2 eye surgeries after his heart attack so now have down lights .I think a few on here have them and since yours are on your waterfall with no fish you would not have to worry about that .re you going to put lights out there also to shine on the pond for night viewing .But waterfall lights would really add to your build .I have seen some also that change colors .They are expensive but well worth the cost .Aguascape and you also may be close to Eric the ponddigger .He has stuff on youtube and is moving his business to another place out in California that will include all kinds of ponds and animals .You can check out his you tube video's

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I fireded it up today :). Let me say Meyer, I’m glad I did the mortar BUT it is a PITA. I had to clean and shop vac the entire fall 3 times just to get the mud and silt out so I didn’t ruin the pump. I laid extra underlayment to filter water before it fell into sump
Didn’t have time to pick up beach rock but started up anyway. I have a little adjusting to do to top pool. Too much water comes over the center as opposed to the main spillway but very happy with first run
Tried to post video but file is to big and it’s only 10 seconds. Tried photobucket but no luck there. Anybody have a sugestion to post video?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Tried to post video but file is to big and it’s only 10 seconds. Tried photobucket but no luck there. Anybody have a sugestion to post video?
upload it to you tube then post the link here. Works for long videos also

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You could have used a small pump with quilt batting in it to clean the water A big roll of it here is about 10 dollars and a laundry basket for you in your water fall area or basin would have cleaned it up without a big hassle .I use a photoshop on my puter and upload them for that .Photo shop came free with my puter to store pictures

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Looks good to me question which pump is that or is it both pumps .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Looks good to me question which pump is that or is it both pumps .
Hi Sissy
That is just the submersible pump. It will be a little bit until the variable speed pump is up and running. I have to trench and pull 220v to the pump. I already added a sub panel to that side of the house so it ready to be done. I was really afraid of not enough flow from pumps so I wanted a second pump just Incase. I don’t ever see running higher than what this one pump can do so it will be there for back up once variable speed is installed. Will be nice to slow water down a little bit at times.
I ripped my whole yard up over the summer so plan is waterfall. Rock retaining wall. Bocce ball court and volleyball court. Then plant fruit trees and plants. All in that order so the waterfall was first.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
DE1727D4-A9AD-444A-B735-28CD121D0EF1.jpeg
Finally installed my variable speed pump. It’s pretty cool. Runs from 450rpm to 3400 rpm. At 3400 rpm the waterfall is crazy cool but that much water running is really loud
I do have a question. Seems 1500 rpm is perfect speed and uses 354kwh. Is that high or low compared to the submersible Aqua Pulse 12500 GPH pump? Or any submersible in that range?

Ask a Question