United States
B796C5C7-12D7-43BD-A9CA-27F884B36011.jpeg
Current pick. Planted a couple weeks ago

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Excellent work; you did a fantastic job on this. How long is the fall from top to bottom?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nicely done! you can always see when someone has an imagination and does some home work.
Are you planning on dying the mortar between the edging stones?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like the sound of it with the 1 pump only .2 pumps may cause a lot of splashing and evaporation .I was reading a story about gph and head height and lose of water could be way higher with hotter temperatures .The hotter it is and the more water you flow over the rocks along with splashing that you can loose a couple hundred gallons a day .It was from a guy who had the huge pondless put on his property and he was loosing over 500 gallons of water a day and it was only 80 degrees outside .I wish he had made another video on how he resolved it ..I remember he said he had 4 pumps that went to different sections of the waterfall .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Nicely done! you can always see when someone has an imagination and does some home work.
Are you planning on dying the mortar between the edging stones?

I actually did color the mortar a sand stone color. It dried a lot lighter than expected but still looks fine. I still need to mortar around the spillways so the boxes don’t stand out as much and I would like to add a big rock at the top (originally I was going to plant that area) but I am happy and live the sound and wild life it brings

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I like the sound of it with the 1 pump only .2 pumps may cause a lot of splashing and evaporation .I was reading a story about gph and head height and lose of water could be way higher with hotter temperatures .The hotter it is and the more water you flow over the rocks along with splashing that you can loose a couple hundred gallons a day .It was from a guy who had the huge pondless put on his property and he was loosing over 500 gallons of water a day and it was only 80 degrees outside .I wish he had made another video on how he resolved it ..I remember he said he had 4 pumps that went to different sections of the waterfall .

I agree. I currently am running the variable speed pump at half the out put and it looks and sounds great (internal pump off). I have run the variable speed and internal pump at max power and waterfall seems to handle great. There is more splash from bigger falls and waterfall can handle the flow but I agree the evaporation would be extremely high. It is kinda cool to see cause you actually get a white water effect from the fast flowing water. I’ll try and post a video of the different speed showing the water flow difference

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I saw my dream pondless waterfall and stream .It is just being built by a neighbor of mine .Oh my gosh how bad I want to get rid of my pond like NOW Waiting for your video .Still waiting ;):whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I saw my dream pondless waterfall and stream .It is just being built by a neighbor of mine .Oh my gosh how bad I want to get rid of my pond like NOW Waiting for your video .Still waiting ;):whistle:

Let me see if I can remember how to post a video. Here is the fall with different speeds. Little tough actually seeing the change on video but you can hear the difference in video of waterflow

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like the lower one 1500 get me a hammock and let me get comfy .They all look good but the most relaxing napping one is the first one

Ask a Question