addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The big pond is full of hornwort. The shubbies love it. I used the go pro to grab a short video, had it pointed a bit high, but still some decent views. Afterwards groomed the lilies, i.e. cut off leaves, added fertilizer, added kitty litter on those that were low.

One lily had jumped it's pot, you can see the leaves in the video on the left. It took all the strength I had to drag it to the side and get it out of the pond. And it had only a foot of roots out of the pot. Those suckers get heavy! Still had some beautiful buds on it, but sacrificed them, time to groom. I was actually surprised at the growth they did, definitely need dividing next year. They were ignored all summer, no fertilizer added, no grooming and they still did great.

Still have two other ponds of lilies to groom.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh, man. I could watch that all day long! I think I spotted a few babies in there @addy1 !
Yep we had a bit of a crop of babies. The hornwort probably really helps. Still have a lot of water room so not worried about over crowding for quite a few more years.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Always love seeing your pretty Shubbies in action down under @addy1 and yes that Hornwort has grown so well it looks like a pond built by nature!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Love your pond and babies!
smfrogpond.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I want to do another with the go pro pointed down more. The fish are entering winter mode, they usually run to the cam, I had to feed them to get them to even come close.

The day I took those I was getting ready to groom lilies which always mucks up the water some. Never looked at the final video. The second one the fish were hiding until towards the end. The first I fed them to get them to come out of plant hiding.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The big pond is full of hornwort. The shubbies love it. I used the go pro to grab a short video, had it pointed a bit high, but still some decent views. Afterwards groomed the lilies, i.e. cut off leaves, added fertilizer, added kitty litter on those that were low.

One lily had jumped it's pot, you can see the leaves in the video on the left. It took all the strength I had to drag it to the side and get it out of the pond. And it had only a foot of roots out of the pot. Those suckers get heavy! Still had some beautiful buds on it, but sacrificed them, time to groom. I was actually surprised at the growth they did, definitely need dividing next year. They were ignored all summer, no fertilizer added, no grooming and they still did great.

Still have two other ponds of lilies to groom.

Really nice Addy. You have some beautiful fish. So....all the bubbles are from the hornwort? no aerator or anything like that?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Really nice Addy. You have some beautiful fish. So....all the bubbles are from the hornwort? no aerator or anything like that?
lol the bubbles is debris being knocked off the hornwort when I put the pole in with the gopro attached. The hornwort collects a lot of stuff. I have no aerator running, just the waterfalls, one from the bog, one from the 1000 gallon tank. And the stream when it runs is a water fall.

You don't see a cloud being knocked off, but when filming you can see the debris starting to float around.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I took some shots with my camera and also with the gopro. This time not pointed up..............works better that way.

Sharing some of my fishy kids with you. Can you tell I love my shubbie................

IMG_4774.JPG
IMG_4780.JPG
IMG_4779.JPG
IMG_4777.JPG
IMG_4776.JPG
IMG_4775.JPG
IMG_4773.JPG
f1.JPG
f2.JPG
f3.JPG
f4.JPG
f5.JPG