j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So hypnotizing/relaxing watching them swim in that sparkling clear water! They are beautiful fish and you really scored in finding them so close to where you live. Love them! What are the ones that are a solid greenish gray color? Will they turn orange or ? @addy1

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What are the ones that are a solid greenish gray color? Will they turn orange or ? @addy1
They are throwbacks, i.e. back to a "normal" fish color. At least that is what I have read. No clue if they will color up or not. When seen from the surface they look black, on the gopro they have a gold green color. Some have really nice fins, long and flowing. I have at least two with markings, light markings, not solid in color.

I have read that some will dispose of them, they are welcome to live with the others.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think they add a different touch to the mix and they have a golden shine to them as they float by. I know you would never dispose of any fish due to the way it looks. They have a forever home in your pond :)

Ask a Question