My Stock Tank Pond Build

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All-

I am new to the forum and new to ponds/water gardens. I have been an aquarium enthusiast for many years had reef tanks, planted aquariums and cichlid tanks. I've always been interested in doing something with a small pond. During the "stay at home" order in New York, I had a lot of time on my hands. I decided to try to install an above ground stock tank pond by my pool. I did all of the build by myself. The tank is a Rubbermaid 100 gallon and this is how it turned out:

IMG_3371.jpgIMG_3374.JPGIMG_3378.JPGIMG_3399.JPGIMG_3403.JPGIMG_3408.JPGIMG_3409.JPGIMG_3411.jpg

There are 6 fish in the pond about 3 to five inches each. What do you think?

Thanks & regards...

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum!

Very nice set up!

DenniMac

Dogs, Cattle, Horses, Cats, & Fish? (Oh My)!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b (approx)., N Ca., Napa County Area
Country
United States
Hi All-

I am new to the forum and new to ponds/water gardens. I have been an aquarium enthusiast for many years had reef tanks, planted aquariums and cichlid tanks. I've always been interested in doing something with a small pond. During the "stay at home" order in New York, I had a lot of time on my hands. I decided to try to install an above ground stock tank pond by my pool. I did all of the build by myself. The tank is a Rubbermaid 100 gallon and this is how it turned out:

View attachment 130824View attachment 130825View attachment 130826View attachment 130827View attachment 130828View attachment 130829View attachment 130830View attachment 130831

There are 6 fish in the pond about 3 to five inches each. What do you think?

Thanks & regards...

Very nice! I’m putting in an oval stock trough pond for the indoor goldfish, that have outgrown their tank. I love the wooden surround you’ve built around it! I was hoping to just surround mine with big potted plants, & skip the surround, but looking at yours makes me want to reconsider! One side was buckling when I added water, until I dug down through the hard packed dirt, & backfilled with course sand. I’d like to add some plants, but I have no idea which will work...

Ask a Question