Stock tanks as ponds

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Does anyone use a stock tank for a pond? I have seen the large round tanks that go 300 gallons up to 1000. I'd like to see pics if anyone uses stock tanks and your experience with them.

Reaction score
I just bought two. Small ones though. One is 35gall (plan to use this for a water hyacinth nursery). And 110gall. Plan to use this as a quarantine for my new/sick fish. They are not up and running yet. I just put them in the ground today.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 1,000 gallon tank used in a koi dealership prior to our getting it as a large QT pond , its best to put your bottom drain in the ground but leave the tank free standed on the ground then build arround it in either wood or brick.
However do your homework well as you need a pump to match the gallonage or it wont work out propperly

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a 1000 gallon in my pond loop, partially buried (on a slope) right now have 5 lilies and shubunkins, frogs etc in it.

Since this picture I have put some fine wide weave netting over it, looks a lot better. The tank is the pond on the right

DSC05804.JPG
DSC05513.JPG

This is a loop of small preforms and the one top left is a 300 gallon stock tank, full of lotus

20130601_083003.jpg

DenniMac

Dogs, Cattle, Horses, Cats, & Fish? (Oh My)!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b (approx)., N Ca., Napa County Area
Country
United States
I just bought two. Small ones though. One is 35gall (plan to use this for a water hyacinth nursery). And 110gall. Plan to use this as a quarantine for my new/sick fish. They are not up and running yet. I just put them in the ground today.

I’m exactly where you are. I just finished prepping the spot, placing the trough, & added water today!
I’ve got several huge goldfish that have outgrown their 75 g. indoor tank. Let me know how your fish are doing!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I’m exactly where you are. I just finished prepping the spot, placing the trough, & added water today!
I’ve got several huge goldfish that have outgrown their 75 g. indoor tank. Let me know how your fish are doing!
This thread is 6 years old, and I don’t think this member has been active since then.

Ask a Question