My third attempt at a pond!

Reaction score
i can clearly understand everything you've done from the 1st pond to the last. I totally get it. Happens to all us ponders, we start off little and then we learn and smarten up and go big. LOL!

My largest fish is named Big Ben...funny. He's a Sanke.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Have you all heard that they are going to modernize Big Ben and make him Digital ?

RWeb

Banned
Reaction score
PandyPops, that water feature is wicked. are those electric fences around the pond? :biggrin: I take it you might have a few cats in the area?

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Now I'm fully stocked I can sit back, look after them and watch them grow :biggrin:

Big Ben?.......... digital!........... that old hoax :frown:

RWeb said:
PandyPops, that water feature is wicked. are those electric fences around the pond? :) I take it you might have a few cats in the area?

Electric fences were around the second pond because of the cats, but that's all dug up now and replaced with the third pond (the pictures at the beginning of the thread). Cats have learnt their lesson ;)

Reaction score
Some very nice fish. and the pond is also very nice. I hope mine come through the winter ok. I'd really like to see them get big.

Reaction score
I love the night time shots of your pond, very nice and you have a beautiful assortment of fish. I have to admit my favorite is that last shot of "Gin", very sharp white and yellow coloring !! :biggrin:

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Down to about 12 deg C in the pond now, will probably move over to winter food before the end of the month.
Seems like a quick season, but I suppose I've done a lot this year.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Pandypops said:
Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Down to about 12 deg C in the pond now, will probably move over to winter food before the end of the month.
Seems like a quick season, but I suppose I've done a lot this year.

If you are at 12 deg , it is time to stop feeding Koi until it gets above that temperature. Koi cannot digest food below that temperature.

Ask a Question