Neptune's introduction

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings turtle lovers!

Neptune turtle here. Stephen most kindly let me use his account for my introduction. I was rescued by Stephen and the family 25 years ago. At the time, I lived in a small pet shop. The shop had me residing in a plastic kitchen dish with dirty water and no island. I was about 1 ½ years old with a deformed shell and suffering malnutrition. Stephen gave the shop owner an earful and the next thing I knew, I was a Noble turtle. I trained Stephen how to care for me and over the years and promoted him to my personal Concierge. For a human, he isn’t too bad. Last November, I moved into my new palatial suite! It is complete with massive filtration, infrared lamps, UVB light, a spacious island and of course my Red Mangrove trees. I am posting pictures of my home. There are images of the initial filling followed by pictures of my surroundings and of course, me resting on my favorite spot. Well that’s all for now. Please feel free to send me your thoughts and if in a really benevolent mood, some tasty treats.
Keep on basking!

Neptune

Attachments

• IMG_0587 -1 Filling Neptune's Pond.JPG
    IMG_0587 -1 Filling Neptune's Pond.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0677 -  Neptunes Pond.JPG
    IMG_0677 - Neptunes Pond.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0691 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0691 - Copy.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Neptune's Pond IMG_3013 - Copy.jpg
    Neptune's Pond IMG_3013 - Copy.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 32

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wow. 25 years. I didn't realize that turtles lived that long.

Ask a Question