United States
Welcome to our group of ponding fanatics

welcome_cat.gif

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard Cappycat. Always happy to see Local hobbyist joining. As TM mentioned I'm in Hammond. Nice pond, Great layout! If your looking for some starter plants and happen to be over this direction feel free to contact me, I have several varieties of pond plants that I could get a start here and there for you. If you want something fish wise that is extremely hardy in our area, won't bother plants, is a great mosquito control fish and a fish that can be left alone even if the power goes off for a day or more at a time. Think about trying paradise fish. I got my start from another member here that is REALLY close to you in Thibidaeux (SP? LOL) Minnowman. he raises some knock out water lilies and uses paradise fish in his lily ponds. I also have goldfish and Koi.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch, on all accounts. Regarding paradise fish...they have no problems with the winter? Because that might be a nice alternative. I will probably eventually get some koi and goldies, but I am definitely taking my time.

Thibodaux is very close. Very cool that there are local folks! :-D So nice to meet you all!

Ask a Question