New member - Nebraska

Reaction score
Catfish, I think it's a great idea growing your own bait. How often do you get out fishing? I grew up in a fishing family around the Harlan County Dam area.

Wow I feel like who's on second now that I know that the NE reference was intended for Carolyn. Geez!

Reaction score
Jules,

I fish almost every day I can during the "fair weather fisherman season" (April 15th - October 15th). I don't like ice fishing, so I never go out in the winter and I am not a duck so I don't fish in the rain.
I have been to Harlan Co. reservoir a couple of times to fish for flathead catfish in the canal system, but that was years and years ago. Fished a lot at Big Mac, Little Ogalala, and Sutherland, too.

Gotta run now, so great to run into you, Jules! Be seeing you "around the pond" so to speak! :)

Catfishnut (aka Gordy)

Reaction score
They mentioned on the news this morning that our weather, with the wind chills, were typical of January. However, they also mentioned that last year at this time it was 65 degrees and in 1993 on this date, we had 2 feet of snow that had been dumped on us.

Jules - my brothers and their families are in Boston and my daughter is in Maine. New England is beautiful and I love it. When I can finally retire though, hubs and I are moving south and will be putting in our 4th pond.

I am seeing where a lot of people on this forum where a number of people keep their pumps running all winter. We always shut ours off and bring the pumps, pressure filters and uv lights inside for the winter.

I am so anxious to get our pond back up and running, but after seeing the weather forecast, I think it will be awhile. :cry:

Reaction score
Carolyn, we loved Maine. No one can do a lobster roll like they do in Maine. Yum! 4th pond? Wow that's amazing. We are very happy with ours but it is shut down for the winter with a foot of ice right now.

TurtleMommy, thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to getting to know some fellow ponders!

Ask a Question