new owner, no clue, no budget

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I honestly don't know what any of the stuff on the bench is....except, of course the frog :) Actually, since I don't recognize the stuff, I'm thinking you don't need it - LOL !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Going on the theory that none of it was running anyways, I just took it all out of the pond, untangled the wires, and then once I could tell what each one went to, I plugged in the little air bubble thing, the filter, the pump for it, and the UV light, then tucked them neatly under the fake rock. I have no idea if the light works or the filter needs to be cleaned because I couldn't get the tops off, I will leave that for my husband. For now I am happy to know that the pump does work. (The lights do too, but daylight sort of takes the oompf out of that. LOL)

Besides the frog, which I will eventually set back up, is there anything on that bench I should keep?View attachment 93670
Is this submersible filter long black or uv sterl? One of them can b jet , aerator ,looks like speedometer? They all hv cords and pipes seems to b smthing important lol

Last edited:

Nae

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The 3 items are:
submersible aquarium filter
Koralia aquarium powerhead
Iogen copper poisoning machine.:whistle:

Submersible aquarium filter? It did vibrate, but there didn't seem to be any water moving through it. That, the ionizer, and one lonely little air stone were the only things actually plugged in. It was in the bottom but I don't know if it was supposed to be there or it just fell off the ledge where they seemed to place everything. If it's usable, and it would help, I would clean it up and put it back in just because I already have it, but my goal would be to move towards less equipment, and have it be the right stuff.

I'm guessing the little thing with the suction cup is the Koralia powerhead? If I plug it in, the little propeller spins, is it just for moving water around? I assumed it was meant to be used in an aquarium because of that suction cup and the position can be adjusted. The people who owned the house had tropical fish aquariums inside, so I guess it would make sense he tried to incorporate some items he probably already had because of that.

The Iongen looks like it's meant to be spliced into a pipe and have the water run through it, not to just be dropped into the pond the way they had it. I won't be putting it back in, I'll offer it up to my husband for dissection. LOL

I have had the waterfall running for about a day and a half, the fish seem to like it, but until my husband gets the tops off so I can clean the filter and replace the bulb, it just seems to be stirring stuff up. The hose length makes it impossible to put the pump any lower than the way they had it positioned on the ledge, but if that is how the water gets filtered, shouldn't it be on the bottom?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
uv bulbs you can get cheap on ebay at cll pets .I buy mine there .Last time i got them there were 4 for 6.99 with free shipping .I can change them often at that price .If the top on the filter is hard to get off just spray it with a little cooking oil it will be less harmful if it gets in the filter and less harmful to the fish .I have a pressure filter from lowes on my stock tank

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
The 3 items are:
.bmersible aquarium filter
Koralia aquarium powerhead
Iogen copper poisoning machine.:whistle:
So i guessed 2 right , jet i meant powerhead used for making waves but whats this T shaped thing and a meter ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Submersible aquarium filter? It did vibrate, but there didn't seem to be any water moving through it. That, the ionizer, and one lonely little air stone were the only things actually plugged in. It was in the bottom but I don't know if it was supposed to be there or it just fell off the ledge where they seemed to place everything. If it's usable, and it would help, I would clean it up and put it back in just because I already have it, but my goal would be to move towards less equipment, and have it be the right stuff.

I'm guessing the little thing with the suction cup is the Koralia powerhead? If I plug it in, the little propeller spins, is it just for moving water around? I assumed it was meant to be used in an aquarium because of that suction cup and the position can be adjusted. The people who owned the house had tropical fish aquariums inside, so I guess it would make sense he tried to incorporate some items he probably already had because of that.

The Iongen looks like it's meant to be spliced into a pipe and have the water run through it, not to just be dropped into the pond the way they had it. I won't be putting it back in, I'll offer it up to my husband for dissection. LOL

I have had the waterfall running for about a day and a half, the fish seem to like it, but until my husband gets the tops off so I can clean the filter and replace the bulb, it just seems to be stirring stuff up. The hose length makes it impossible to put the pump any lower than the way they had it positioned on the ledge, but if that is how the water gets filtered, shouldn't it be on the bottom?
Can b its broken or stuck , try to open it , clean then see in water , ithink beads can b bio filter media in it , shudnt need it if u already hv external filter and uv , yes tht jet powerhead is only for making waves , if u wantto reduce waterloss from watterfall , u can see if its leaking anywhere or wetness passing thru around it snd try to reduce splashes , u can divide outlet in 2 pipes and reduce its pressure and place second pipe at lower part of fall ,ithink its too high and many steps thts y ,plus its splashes shud fall in pond

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Indoor aquarium equipment is too light duty to be of much use in an outdoor pond.
You can see on the Koralia powerhead that it's screen is clogged with string algae, which renders it useless.
Also, the Koralia powerhead has an additional magnet that attaches on the other side of the aquarium glass. The suction cup doesn't do anything on it's own so the powerhead was just laying on it's side in the pond.
For the Ionizer, if your husband is going to take it apart, here is an article that explains it's use a bit further:

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/articles/are-pond-ionizers-safe-you-be-the-judge.23/

Ask a Question