New Pet?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a visitor this morning. He is huge!

20201104_103156.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had one at my pond yesterday but I have fencing and a net so he could not get my fish. That heron you have there will be back if you have fish and will not stop till he eventually eats every single fish'
Yesterday, all he could do was stick his neck through the holes but could not reach the fish.
IMG_9519.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Definitely not a good pet if you value your fish, net your pond! :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I know, but it was cool to see one here for the first time. Makes me feel like I finally have a real pond. LOL.
I haven't seen him yet this morning so hopefully he was just passing thru, but probably wishful thinking.
As long as I am working from home, right beside a window to the pond, I can keep a close eye out. I'm not looking forward to putting a net over it. I tried that once before for leaves and it didn't go well.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The one I posted that came to my pond the other day flew over it again the next day. Didn't see him out there by the pond tho but any heron will keep checking things out off and on. They will always have their eye out for any slip ups you might make. A net is better than losing all your fish. Some even put up a nice looking frame over their ponds and hang the net over it and you can let vines grow over it also.

Ask a Question