New pond build, lots of questions

Reaction score
I have the Canadian geese over here..mean suckers but like I said they can stay in they don't mess with my things lol. That is sad one died..poor thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
A suggestion for underlayment... I hit up my local carpet store, and they let me raid their dumpster. My entire pond was padded with thick carpet, all for free.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They are pet geese and the 1 that died was the mate to drop dead fred or at least 1 of his mates he is a womanizer lol

Reaction score
Shdwdrgn said:
A suggestion for underlayment... I hit up my local carpet store, and they let me raid their dumpster. My entire pond was padded with thick carpet, all for free.

We thought of that - padding or carpet.
Wouldn't that get nasty from dampness in the ground? That's why we kind of moved on from that idea.

This is what we did yesterday - the rest will have to wait until the liner is here. Don't want to cut the timbers until we've done a test fit to figure out the corners and what not and find we have a larger pond than we do liner...
IMG_4266.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lots of peeps use carpet, blankets anything soft and it would take a long time to decay underground I would think and if you buy a good liner you should not have a problem w/ whatever you choose for the underlayment.
Love the ducks........had some when I was a kid. Now you can tell that this was a really long time ago and these pix are antiques now, like me :cool::

Casey and Kelly

CaseyandKelly5.jpg

CaseyandKelly4.jpg

CaseyandKelly6.jpg

CaseyandKelly3.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok this one's for you Malak.........it's just ducky and they are floating and pooping this song just for you :cool::

Franktheduck.jpg

[ame]

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ok malak your a little ducky yourself I guess we forgot to tell you .We thought the feathers in your hair were from your pillow lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
TLWR said:
We thought of that - padding or carpet.
Wouldn't that get nasty from dampness in the ground? That's why we kind of moved on from that idea.

I have used old carpet and padding, both last a long time and being underground it does not batter if they get yucky. Padding tends to not break down as much.

You are not a antique jw.................just starting life lol! every day you are just starting the rest of your life.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Malak said:
Ok, who spilled the beans about my new doo?

stalking you on facebookie.......................lmao quack quack

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze you didn't know malak that we are peeping tomasinas and we are watching why do you really think this sight is here for ponders ,REALLY .we use this sight so we know the layout of your yard and house ,so we don't fall in your pond and give our selves away geeze lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Did you really buy one of those decoys? Cuz I hear that they will attract the opposite sex in Spring. Never tried one myself but will be interesting to see what you have to say after having it for awhile. Also heard you must move them around all the time or the birds won't believe in them.................kinda like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny to us :lol:

Reaction score
I don't think I will have much of a threat yet because the catfish are only 9" long and hide in the bottom anyways especially during the day. It's a nice decoration though. Never heard about the attraction part, but makes some sense. I did hear about them catching on to no movement. One guy said he laid his on it's side as a hint. lol

Ask a Question