New Pond & Fish are gone!

Reaction score
The plants provide some cover, but are fairly new plants. the pond is under to large Oak trees as well. So not out in the open. Since I don't have any more fish. I need to buy more before I can try to find out what ate them. Thanks for all the information. I will keep you posted.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
do whatever you need to, to find out what it was..but a net or some plastic fencing over the top might keep it from happening again.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Kingfishers love to sit on a branch over the water and wait for the right moment. And they are fast! John

Reaction score
Boy do I feel stupid! After two days of missing my fish, my roommate and her boyfriend went to see my pond and told me I had four fish in there. They must be great at hiding. I am so happy to have my fish "back" and I feel like a complete fool.

SE18

David V
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that everything is fine. I've felt sheepish more times than I can count so thanks for giving us the scoop on the stealth fish. They must be a tad shy.

Reaction score
I am more relieved than anything. I was so looking forward to having fish and now I know they are NOT MISSING, I could not be happier!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic, glad to hear. They are darn good at hiding. Glad you let us know yours are ok

Mine hid from me for almost 6 months. I had put in a few just to get the pond started, we had ph issues, figured they all had died, winter came, then spring and wow, saw fish, 4 of them! even then they would hide and I would not see them for weeks.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha Ha that's funny Cat! Glad they are fine and they are prolly giggling at you now. My new little shubbies are hiding all the time now too. I still see them dart around between the plants tho so I know they are there.

Ask a Question