new pond new koi

Reaction score
hi my names lewis an im new to the forum.

i recently completed my 1.5m x 1.5m pond and fitted a allpondsolutions all in-one filter uv and pump, which discharges into a in-pond 25lt bottom feed gravel filter, and a 5.5lt dual discharge air pump with 2 50mm stones 250 bunches of oxygenating weed and some lilly pads,

last tuesday i put in 5 5"koi 1 8" ghosty and 3" mirror and a baby tench.

the problem is they are very skitish and hide behind my filter box, i tried to feed them and spent at least an hour with them every nigh,t but still if im there and they see me there gone. i watch from my window and they do feed well all apart from the ghosty haven't seen him feed at all, he just hides away in the weed.

my dad has a a large pond with some larger very tame koi, he said i could have one, would this help show the others the way or am i just rushing them. thanks

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Give them time, they will get used to you. When you feed them sit next to the pond, don't stand they think you are a predator.

(They like you to post an introduction first when join the forum..................)

but welcome anyways!

welcomewagon-15.gif

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Seems like it got missed by a bunch of us, Welcome aboard! By now they should be getting used to you and coming up to feed with no problems.

Ask a Question