New pond

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jimmy Gibson, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Jimmy Gibson

Jimmy Gibson

Also I am mainly disappointed with the wrinkles in my liner....I have done the research. ...45 mm edpm in a round pond you are going to have wrinkles....thought about rock on a roll.... But probably too late now

Jimmy Gibson, Jan 28, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Jimmy Gibson

Jimmy Gibson

Well it is officially finished....the skimmer is hidden....not the best job but I built it where I could deconstruct it.....in case of problems in the future no concrete in the webs....and it's on the back side where most folks won't see it....been working on this darn pond since first week in July .... I told Sarah if I had waited another two years (I am 62) probably wouldn't have happened but glad I did it....I can see alot of mistakes.....but I am my own worst critic.. Jimmy IMG_5898.JPG IMG_5899.JPG IMG_5908.JPG IMG_5909.JPG IMG_5910.JPG

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Jimmy Gibson, Feb 5, 2017
    peter hillman, Gemma, Becky and 3 others like this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Jimmy Gibson

Jimmy Gibson

Also I am going to try the Rock on a roll... The only thing Sarah is dissapointed in is the wrinkles in the liner above the water line.....it comes in 8ft x34 inches.....going to split it in half and glue it to the liner....at normal water level I only have 9 inches of liner above water level....your opinion on this would be greatly appreciated. Jimmy

Jimmy Gibson, Feb 5, 2017
  4. Jimmy Gibson

sissy sissy

I am 63 and just redid my pond again by myself so you are never to old to do it .Each time I say this is it and I think I jinx myself .Great job and love the way the cap rocks look .I did rectangle this way I only had folds in the corners .I use plastic pvc to wrap around the edges of the liner but had to get another color because they did not have the other color 100_5914.JPG 100_9740.JPG

sissy, Feb 5, 2017
    Gemma and Jimmy Gibson like this.
  5. Jimmy Gibson

Tula

Love your skimmer installation, looks great!

In the Spring, you could set planters on the side of the pond you see from your house, with trailing plants ( Creepy Jenny, Wavy Petunias, Sweet Potato Vine etc. ) that will camouflage the liner :)

Tula, Feb 6, 2017
    Gemma and sissy like this.
  6. Jimmy Gibson

Jimmy Gibson

Oh......Sarah was walking around today....brain storming on what we were going to put around the pond....the local greenhouses will be happy this spring...lol

Jimmy Gibson, Feb 6, 2017
    peter hillman, Gemma, Tula and 2 others like this.
  7. Jimmy Gibson

cas

Looks very nice. I didn't even notice the wrinkles at the top until you mentioned them!

cas, Feb 6, 2017
    Gemma and Tula like this.
  8. Jimmy Gibson

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

rock on a roll works great. I glued some to a few problem areas years ago, it is still hanging in there. Weathers over time and looks nice.

I would make the under water edge of the ror, irregular shaped, a straight line does not look natural. If your cap stones are moveable, stick the upper edge under them, will help hold it in place. I found the best "glue" to be the pl roofing goop, make sure all is dry apply by putting nice lumps of it between the ror and liner, squish down to make good contact and let it dry before you get it wet. It stays stuck.

[​IMG]

addy1, Feb 6, 2017
    Jimmy Gibson likes this.
  9. Jimmy Gibson

Jimmy Gibson

Capstones are already glued down but there is enough overhang that it would hide the edge and it will have about 8 inches of water over it if I split the roll in half

Jimmy Gibson, Feb 6, 2017
  10. Jimmy Gibson

Usman

hi , i love ur pond and very good size , is it concrete filled? i noticed border too , may be u can add a shelf if u can move upper 2 bricks wider behind even few inch then u can add plants or rocks on that shelf to hide liner .

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Usman, Feb 6, 2017
    Jimmy Gibson likes this.
  11. Jimmy Gibson

Gemma

Looks very nice, good work!

Gemma, Feb 6, 2017
    Jimmy Gibson likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question