Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_5827.JPG
IMG_5860.JPG
IMG_5874.JPG
Finished my Capstones....working today on hiding my skimmer....cold but but getting things done.....Donald and Hillary are doing good....my worries about Hillary flashing has disappeared, looked at her today still have some white spots but no flashing....last Saturday the water temperature was 63.....today 49. ...that's just winter in Tennessee.... Transition from aquariums to ponds is going to be a learning experience

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
View attachment 97053 View attachment 97054 View attachment 97055 Finished my Capstones....working today on hiding my skimmer....cold but but getting things done.....Donald and Hillary are doing good....my worries about Hillary flashing has disappeared, looked at her today still have some white spots but no flashing....last Saturday the water temperature was 63.....today 49. ...that's just winter in Tennessee.... Transition from aquariums to ponds is going to be a learning experience
Also I am mainly disappointed with the wrinkles in my liner....I have done the research. ...45 mm edpm in a round pond you are going to have wrinkles....thought about rock on a roll.... But probably too late now

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well it is officially finished....the skimmer is hidden....not the best job but I built it where I could deconstruct it.....in case of problems in the future no concrete in the webs....and it's on the back side where most folks won't see it....been working on this darn pond since first week in July .... I told Sarah if I had waited another two years (I am 62) probably wouldn't have happened but glad I did it....I can see alot of mistakes.....but I am my own worst critic.. Jimmy
IMG_5898.JPG
IMG_5899.JPG
IMG_5908.JPG
IMG_5909.JPG
IMG_5910.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well it is officially finished....the skimmer is hidden....not the best job but I built it where I could deconstruct it.....in case of problems in the future....and it's on the back side where most folks won't see it....been working on this darn pond since first week in July .... I told Sarah if I had waited another two years (I am 62) probably wouldn't have happened but glad I did it....I can see alot of mistakes.....but I am my own worst critic.. Jimmy View attachment 97170View attachment 97171View attachment 97172View attachment 97173View attachment 97174
Also I am going to try the Rock on a roll... The only thing Sarah is dissapointed in is the wrinkles in the liner above the water line.....it comes in 8ft x34 inches.....going to split it in half and glue it to the liner....at normal water level I only have 9 inches of liner above water level....your opinion on this would be greatly appreciated. Jimmy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am 63 and just redid my pond again by myself so you are never to old to do it .Each time I say this is it and I think I jinx myself .Great job and love the way the cap rocks look .I did rectangle this way I only had folds in the corners .I use plastic pvc to wrap around the edges of the liner but had to get another color because they did not have the other color
100_5914.JPG
100_9740.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Love your skimmer installation, looks great!

In the Spring, you could set planters on the side of the pond you see from your house, with trailing plants ( Creepy Jenny, Wavy Petunias, Sweet Potato Vine etc. ) that will camouflage the liner :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Love your skimmer installation, looks great!

In the Spring, you could set planters on the side of the pond you see from your house, with trailing plants ( Creepy Jenny, Wavy Petunias, Sweet Potato Vine etc. ) that will camouflage the liner :)
Oh......Sarah was walking around today....brain storming on what we were going to put around the pond....the local greenhouses will be happy this spring...lol

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Looks very nice. I didn't even notice the wrinkles at the top until you mentioned them!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
rock on a roll works great. I glued some to a few problem areas years ago, it is still hanging in there. Weathers over time and looks nice.

I would make the under water edge of the ror, irregular shaped, a straight line does not look natural. If your cap stones are moveable, stick the upper edge under them, will help hold it in place. I found the best "glue" to be the pl roofing goop, make sure all is dry apply by putting nice lumps of it between the ror and liner, squish down to make good contact and let it dry before you get it wet. It stays stuck.

3b1a9cc2-2fce-4eae-898f-22f38190e4e1_1000.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
rock on a roll works great. I glued some to a few problem areas years ago, it is still hanging in there. Weathers over time and looks nice.

I would make the under water edge of the ror, irregular shaped, a straight line does not look natural. If your cap stones are moveable, stick the upper edge under them, will help hold it in place. I found the best "glue" to be the pl roofing goop, make sure all is dry apply by putting nice lumps of it between the ror and liner, squish down to make good contact and let it dry before you get it wet. It stays stuck.

3b1a9cc2-2fce-4eae-898f-22f38190e4e1_1000.jpg
Capstones are already glued down but there is enough overhang that it would hide the edge and it will have about 8 inches of water over it if I split the roll in half

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Capstones are already glued down but there is enough overhang that it would hide the edge and it will have about 8 inches of water over it if I split the roll in half
hi , i love ur pond and very good size , is it concrete filled? i noticed border too , may be u can add a shelf if u can move upper 2 bricks wider behind even few inch then u can add plants or rocks on that shelf to hide liner .

Last edited:

Ask a Question