sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
really nice pond but could some one have sprayed something that got carried in the wind .ph is low .koi like it 8 and above .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you noticed any discoloration anywhere else in your home where there is water? (tub, sink, etc)

I'm at work right now but did a quick search and found that it could possibly be caused from the minerals in your water (iron and manganese) See if you can find anymore info on the net.

Reaction score
Have you noticed any discoloration anywhere else in your home where there is water? (tub, sink, etc)

I'm at work right now but did a quick search and found that it could possibly be caused from the minerals in your water (iron and manganese) See if you can find anymore info on the net.
No I have been using this water since May and have had no problem. I used this same water for years with other fish but never had a problem. This same wAter is on the pool with no problems and the only thing I add to the pool is salt at the beginning of the year no chemicals.

Reaction score
I was
really nice pond but could some one have sprayed something that got carried in the wind .ph is low .koi like it 8 and above .
told to keep ph around 7.2 to 8.2. It's just for some reason mine is 7.4 all the time I am sure at night it's higher but I check my water around 2 pm when I do

Reaction score
Country
United States
No I have been using this water since May and have had no problem. I used this same water for years with other fish but never had a problem. This same wAter is on the pool with no problems and the only thing I add to the pool is salt at the beginning of the year no chemicals.

Okay, got ya.

I'm not saying that it was the cause of your fish getting sick. I am just saying that maybe that is what is leaving the purple colored scale on the sides of the pond. But I don't know really as I have never had this happen.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
calcium can turn colors when mixed with salt .Was your liner pretreated with an algaecide .I have seen a couple of places lately that offer this .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
What is actually wrong with the fish that they are sick .What trees are around your property and could they be causing problems .There could be so many things that could be causing your problems .Can you find a water test kit in like lowes or home depot .I have to test my well water and buy the kits there and it tells me if there is any bacteria in the well and what to treat it with .I get pink water once in awhile from heavy rains .

Reaction score
What is actually wrong with the fish that they are sick .What trees are around your property and could they be causing problems .There could be so many things that could be causing your problems .Can you find a water test kit in like lowes or home depot .I have to test my well water and buy the kits there and it tells me if there is any bacteria in the well and what to treat it with .I get pink water once in awhile from heavy rains .[/Q
no problems with the well water we can actually drink it and its good its been tested due to the pool. the only tree by it is a lilac bush.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So I googled and found 2 things that might be causing it. If it's spongy, I found something called dog vomit slime mold. It says it usually grows on mulch but can grow on many types of substrate.
The only other thing I found was salt evaporation. Maybe when you emptied your pond, the salt evaporated and lined your liner.
It looks more like salt evaporation than mold but it's kind of hard to tell from the picture.

Reaction score
So I googled and found 2 things that might be causing it. If it's spongy, I found something called dog vomit slime mold. It says it usually grows on mulch but can grow on many types of substrate.
The only other thing I found was salt evaporation. Maybe when you emptied your pond, the salt evaporated and lined your liner.
It looks more like salt evaporation than mold but it's kind of hard to tell from the picture.
its a very thin coating of purple, it would be good if it was salt but there is not enough salt for that.

Reaction score

none anywhere else. its well water and has been tested I have been on the net for days and have not really found anything yet

Ask a Question