Newbie Starting from scratch

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have a bog wall made from sandstone and the liner runs up behind it and then into the bog. You could use concrete bricks, too.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yea those are rough chiped stone from what I can make out I thought they were concrete stone wanabees at first but nope those are the real macoy. What ever wall you build it will need to be able to hold back the tons on stone you add to the bog the higher the wall the expedntialy higher the weight goes up. Along with the water. So if your a 2 foot drop with a 2 foot deep pond " (hopefully more) that's a lot of pressure to hold a straight wall needs to be stronger then does a wall that has a bend in it. either way theres no problem using sand stone there are many forms of sand stone and not all are weak .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bog wall made from sandstone and the liner runs up behind it and then into the bog. You could use concrete bricks, too.
When you say the liner runs up behind it, do you mean the wall is built on top of the liner?
I'm starting to think separate liners might be better so I can build the wall on a solid concrete base, the last thing I want is a brick wall falling into the pond.
It would also mean I could build this in stages starting with a planted bog area and later build out into a pond, which is probably the complete opposite of how most would go about it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A liner inside of the wall or the liner is in the outside of the pond will not keep it from falling over. Yes building a wall on top of a liner is a challenge for sure but there are clear ways to do so that all but removes possibility. 12oz non woven needle punch fabric is some incredibly strong stuff so long as everything is clean and no rocks are under the fabric or liner.

Ask a Question