Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi!
I am an, ahh, senior citizen. I have small (1000 gal), professionally-built pond in the front yard, with a lot of aging goldfish. I live in the western part of a mid-Atlantic state, the climate of which runs in the 90's in the summer, and not bitterly cold in the winter. I will appreciate any tips I can get concerning water maintenance.

I'm glad I found this forum. Later.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi!
I am an, ahh, senior citizen. I have small (1000 gal), professionally-built pond in the front yard, with a lot of aging goldfish. I live in the western part of a mid-Atlantic state, the climate of which runs in the 90's in the summer, and not bitterly cold in the winter. I will appreciate any tips I can get concerning water maintenance.

I'm glad I found this forum. Later.
Welcome to our forum!

From other , ahhhhh, senior citizens, there are a few of us around.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1626550911793.gif
@hebbes

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

How long have you had this pond? Is it a brand new set-up, or an existing pond (you mentioned aging goldfish, so it sounds established)? Do you already have a filtration system going, or are you looking for advice on getting started? What has worked for you in the past, and what is different now that has prompted this post?

There are a few of us on here (well, maybe I’m the only one….) who consider ourselves “seniors,” at least going by the calendar. You can’t go wrong with a bog/wetlands/eco-type filter. Once we know more about your needs, we can go into more detail.

I live in a climate with hot summers and mild winters. I don’t make any changes in my routine throughout the year.

Ask a Question