Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Got a outdoor camera and spotlight installed last night and connected through WiFi:
The spotlight is really bright but the camera does well in monitor mode but still frames are kinda crappy. Here is one image of the viewpoint of the cam which will allow me to now be able to see the pond from the house so I can keep an eye out for predators.

gfhfghgfhgfhfghfg.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Great idea Marshall.(y)
I also have security cameras installed with night vision so I can hopefully catch a glimpse of our wildlife neighbours.
Although, our dogs are usually the first sounds of alarm that we have a visitor.
When I do see something on the camera, my first reaction is to watch and not interfere. I want the local wildlife to think that our yard is not a threat to any of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Same here Mitch ever since ourbreak in back in 2012 weve had a camera covering the hallway front door kitchen door , and a second camera put up because of recent koi thefts in our area 2012, 13, 14and 15.
The last koi theft being days before the show this year at the Aquatic centre that hosts us and that wouldnt have been the first second third or fourth time they have lost koi at the same time there abouts either pre show like thisss time or post show like the last time .
It seems the thieves are under the misconception that there is alot of money to be made in stealing koi when in reality theirs not that much in the way of monied koi swimming in ponds that dont have security cameras on them nowadays .

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have them also with night vision and have 2 cameras on the pond and bought the elec cameras off ebay and installed them myself and they are wifi like my heat pump

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I have them also with night vision and have 2 cameras on the pond and bought the elec cameras off ebay and installed them myself and they are wifi like my heat pump
This camera is mounted in an oak tree about 40 feet off the ground with a fiberglass cage to protect it from critters and the weather and a lightning grounding system. The spotlight is also wired into the house and has a little joystick remote that lets you aim it independent of what the camera is looking at which lets me watch the turtles without blinding them. The camera system itself is wired into my smaller web-server by CAT-5 so I can either monitor it at home on my computer monitors or can go to my servers IP and watch it from anywhere over the internet including with my Moto-X which works really well with the system.

Ask a Question