Nooooooo! Billions of eggs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No, sorry. I doubt a picture would show much though, only the cord across the pond. The mops are in the water and they hardly show up unless someone is looking for them. And there are water lily leaves everywhere, so that makes them even less visible.

I should add that I untangle the mops after they have dried. They get pretty knotted up as they are banged around with the spawning.

I'll see if I can get a photo that might help, maybe later today.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I got a couple of pictures yesterday. I put in new mops and photographed them before they got too wet and sank into the water. One string of them ended up on top of water lily pads, so I left them there until I got a picture. Those are pretty easy to see, but the other line is to the right of that one and is less obvious. I hope this helps.

009.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
We have our water hyacinths and water lettuce in one of those floating nets to protect their roots from the fish. The net is held in one spot by the water's edge to prevent it from floating where we don't want it. The fish were spawning and we noticed the floating net was full of eggs. Today they look like they're all gone. There are two frogs in that net now, one on top of the other. I don't know if the frogs ate the eggs or the rain we had dispersed them. We really don't need any additional fish anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swanstud

Latest Threads