Oase 5000 spillway?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased the Oase filter and the output is a 3” diameter. I’m at a loss as to how to create a small waterfall. I am willing to purchase a spillway attachment but can’t figure out which ones will have the correct capacity. I’ve googled my fingers off trying to figure this out to no avail.

We recently upgraded from a small pond inset to a much larger pond with a liner. My past filter and spillway were muuuuch smaller. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've never used a box filter like that, but assume you can dump it into anything you want that will create whatever type of spillway you like as long as it will keep up with the flow of your pump. Not sure about waterfall attachments as a product you can buy because I don't know much about these filters, but I think they're primarily designed to simply return the flow to the pond via pipe/hose below water line or just spilling out into the pond.

Maybe others will have more info.

Are you up for some DIY?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Rock on. Can you share some photos of your pond? Will help get an idea of how best to create what you’re trying to achieve.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1654527502869.gif
Welcome @Allegro24

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rock on. Can you share some photos of your pond? Will help get an idea of how best to create what you’re trying to achieve.
C7E71C25-2742-45AF-B58D-1AA344DB0FDA.jpeg

So it’s unfinished and the filter is precariously placed because I wanted to get it running. Hubby will move the lattice back under the deck for a little more room. It’s there so the dogs don’t go swimming. I know I’ve made mistakes but it’s mine and I love it. It extends under the bridge I’m standing on to take the pic into a smaller area. Ideas??

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 151484
So it’s unfinished and the filter is precariously placed because I wanted to get it running. Hubby will move the lattice back under the deck for a little more room. It’s there so the dogs don’t go swimming. I know I’ve made mistakes but it’s mine and I love it. It extends under the bridge I’m standing on to take the pic into a smaller area. Ideas??
View from above

Attachments

• 511F2670-CF27-421C-AB92-54AA2D50DAF1.jpeg
    511F2670-CF27-421C-AB92-54AA2D50DAF1.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Great. Thanks. Not a ton of room to work with, but I have an idea.

What if you moved the filter the deck, placed a liner under and around it, and constructed a stream that flows into the pond? Then put the lattice back and cut it around the new stream.

Would get you a stream and would conceal the filter and the location of the headwaters for the stream, which makes it look more natural.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great. Thanks. Not a ton of room to work with, but I have an idea.

What if you moved the filter the deck, placed a liner under and around it, and constructed a stream that flows into the pond? Then put the lattice back and cut it around the new stream.

Would get you a stream and would conceal the filter and the location of the headwaters for the stream, which makes it look more natural.
I like that idea a lot, but not sure I’d have enough room to clean the filter. Will have to measure. Thank you!!

Ask a Question