Old but New here.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We've had our pond for almost 8 yrs. It's app. 600 gal. and in our backyard close to our bedroom window. We live in N. Fla. Right now it's covered with netting as we have tons of leaves that are falling. We had a sprinkling of snow last week with highs in the 70s this week. The hostas that are submergibles have frozen. Mid-Feb. i s the time to begin this year's pond.
Pond with grass.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome! What a pretty pond! You all have had some odd weather this year, that's for sure!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Love your pond. Welcome to the forum.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! Glad you joined

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and agree nice looking natural pond .I think all of us are tired of the bitter cold weather

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great looking pond, and I'm sure your hostas will recover. Mine die back in winter frosts every year, but shoot again in the spring.
I told a lady at our local nursery that hostas did well as marginals. She really didn't believe me. :~)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks to all of you for the Welcome. The pond looks really sad now. We'll be getting down in the 20's again. Crazy, crazy Fla. weather. I had some relatives come from W.Va (8" of snow there) for their first visit to Fla. That's when it snowed here. :~/

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hate to say this but crazy weather every where .We had snow early but it was almost all gone the next day .But this bitter cold weather is getting to me .Plus this yoyo effect ,temperatures up and down .

Ask a Question