Our emerald green pond

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
In over 40 years of having ponds and fish, the one thing I learned is, predators always come back until they get what they want or you kill them. The only exception is if you give up and take away the temptation.

If you tempt them, they will come. So who is the bad person here? The one that feeds the temptation? or the one who removes the threat? If you are that worried about state laws then protect your pond with electronic measures and physical barriers. They will eventually figure out they cannot get to your fish and go elsewhere.

I do all three, alarm, deter and if that does not work remove.

I did not spend a lifetime of effort to let a critter destroy it in 10 minutes or less. Trust me, if you ever had a major attack, it takes years for the pond to recover.

Why don't you set up a pond of feeders to feed the wildlife. And by the way, Bambi only needs to worry about me after it has grown up an is legal to shoot. This was a cheap shot by you...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i actually was kidding on my post....i shoot em' but with a bb gun...just pain, not death. and it works. my heron problem was alleviated about 3 months ago. afer being shoot in the a$$ a few times, he associates my yard with pain, and avoids my yard. but he fishes down at the creek every day less than 100yards away.but even the bible tells you if your gonna steward over animals..its your responsibility to protect them.

Ask a Question