addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well you should start them in water, change it as it gets cloudy.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I started my lotus from seed in a wine glass of water in my kitchen window and once they got big enough I planted them in kitty litter and put the pot in a tub of water and they need lots of fertilizer .i used miracle grow once a month

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks Nicole.

Mr T tore some ligaments in his foot early in July - he has spent the summer first on crutches and then in an orthopedic boot. He is finally able to walk without the boot, so of course he dragged Papa Bear out and they worked on getting the wall up this past weekend.

IMG_8651.JPG

IMG_8652.JPG

A friend lent them a cement mixer which made things much easier. I am looking forward to my yard not looking like a construction site!

IMG_8657.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I love family project :)

How are you going to seal the concrete? It's such a permanent structure, using concrete, that it's scary to me :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
How are you going to seal the concrete?

We spent a lot of time trying to decide. In the end, we found Kryton - it is added to the concrete mix to make it waterproof. www.kryton.com - our local supplier has been very helpful www.dryconcrete.com

Thoroseal is another product that claims to be effective at sealing concrete, available from HD. We just couldn't find enough people who had used it - someone on the West Coast has posted a lot about his positive experience, but no one local.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking good, glad his ligaments are getting better.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
please post update, i love reading your story and want to see the outcome!

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
We spent a lot of time trying to decide. In the end, we found Kryton - it is added to the concrete mix to make it waterproof. www.kryton.com - our local supplier has been very helpful www.dryconcrete.com

Thoroseal is another product that claims to be effective at sealing concrete, available from HD. We just couldn't find enough people who had used it - someone on the West Coast has posted a lot about his positive experience, but no one local.

This stuff is great on concrete, easy to apply as well.

67226019.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I read too many comments about this flaking or peeling off after a couple of years. I need to post some updated pics, but the concrete is now lined with Kryton mixed in.

Ask a Question