addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wow, I can understand trying to protect animals, but this is a little radical.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
They say it's so that people will do more adopting from shelters and animal rescues, I guess I've never seen a shelter with fish.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's the animal activists that are behind all of this. They don't want anyone owning any animals. They want them all to be free of human containment. I can understand maybe lions and tigers and bears etc. but come on cats, dogs, fish give me a break :lol:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's interesting they also want to ban live animals that are sold for other animals to eat them, but it will still be ok for humans to buy live animals for consumption. The reasons they are citing is it will be inhumane to allow animals to eat other live animals, but it looks like humans will be held to a lower standard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's funny, I'd like a glt sandwich please with mayo on wheat bread. Ingredients: Live goldfish, lettuce, and tomato, and of course release the goldfish in my pond and eat the rest.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hmmmmmmmmm, just wondering, are all animal activists vegetarians? Cuz they should be :squint:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Hmmmmmmmmm, just wondering, are all animal activists vegetarians? Cuz they should be :rolleyes:

Bet they are not jw!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
When I wanted a dog I adopted one and felt that was the right choice at the time. Now I wouldn't do the same thing after my experience with an adopted dog. I am not sure if I would adopt a goldfish. Would I have to go to a goldfish shelter to get one? What if it had a disease? Would I need to show it was going to a good home/pond? Also if we had unwanted goldfish would we need to bring them to the shelter as well? Would we need to neuter our fish? Also what about all the fish in the ocean that eat other fish. The law should address that issue as well. I would like to see the police spend more time looking into these issues and stop wasting their time on violence and crime.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lmao no kidding cometkeith! You will have to take in pictures of your tank, pond with certified letters that you really do have that set up! ow no goldfish for you. They will probably start checking drains for bodies of flushed gf, the ones that die

Reaction score
I've had 3 of my 4 dogs from shelters and no real issues. Two of them were awesome including my current one. The other awesome one died 6-8-01, the worst day of my life so far... :-(

Ask a Question