Plumbing UV light

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
We have purchased a UV light for our pond. We have an external pump that pumps from a skimmer located in the pond up to a bio filter box that returns the water to the pond. I would appreciate any suggestions on what not to do with regards to installation before we attempt to install it because if it can be screwed up, the hubby and I can do it. LOL

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Not sure what you are really looking for
Connections or placement.
As for connections most come with almost everything you need Except like Radiator clamps and hose.

Placement it is always better to install after the bio filter, That way the inner glass where the UV bulb is do's not get mucked up with debri and making the uv light almost useless.

Ruben

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello

Asherley Wrote:
Thanks! It just did not come with any instructions or even suggestions.
Ahh
Just look up Brand and Model number and you should be able to get a look at the Manuel for install instructions.
Or post a pic of it and we can help you.
But basicly
Depending on your setup now
On a UV there is a inlet and a outlet for water
So water Pump to inlet on the UV
And
Out to the pond threw the outlet.
Make sure you have the right size water line/tubing
And Hose clamps to prevent leaks
Plug in the pump and the UV light make sure there are no leaks
And there you go.

Ruben

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Thanks Ruben! Hopefully we can get that done asap. While the fish enjoy the green water, I would like to see them sometimes. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you must allways place them after your bio filter and just before the pond, depending on what model it is depends when you have to change the bulb.
We have a new generation U/V-C which whn in place can swivel 360 degrees and has a double bulb .
These new generation generation are mostly very low wattage 9 watts does 1,000 gallons, the one we have is much more at 36 watts.
Those who have them swear by them as do we a big plus is your saving money not having to buy a new bulb each year. they are very easy access for wheb you need to change the bulb and they are extremely good at tight spaces which we have.

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question