pollen or algae?

Reaction score
ok addy so i got a small pond lets say 200 gallons with pea soup , you say a litre per 1000 gals so whats 1/5 of a litre .... and don't worry if it all goes wrong i shall not dream of blaming you lol ....

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I have only used it for string algae, used to get it bad in my arizona pond. I would think it would work for the pea soup stuff, but not sure. Pea soup is algae and peroxide does kill algae.

I poured mine into the my stream, have some good air flow going if you do use it. Maybe even put in less to start with.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Stretching my memory.............seemed it started dieing off the same day. It has been about 4 almost 5 years since I was in arizona, treating that pond.

Reaction score
They say to increase the oxygenation meanwhile, so I do it while it's sunny and never when any fountains or filters are not running. The bottomline is that the algae will choke the life out of the entire pond, so it's the lessor of the evils.

Reaction score
cold water has more oxygen in it than warm water ... so when the pond is cool is best , but you're right not at night as this is when plants are converting the oxygen to co2 and emitting more co2 into the water .. at least this is what i read

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just had water falling into the pond via the waterfall filter when I added the peroxide, no aerator running. The fish always did fine with the treatment. Sure got rid of that string algae. It would be gone until the next spring.

Ask a Question