Pond 90% done

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
Something about fountains in streams has always been a thing of interest. Not sure why. Guess it just the different water movement. The horizontal flow of the stream with the vertical element of the fountain in a long but narrow waterway has always gotten my attention.

FountainMan

Reaction score
Nice thing about these solar powered units is that they're perfect for those small situations. Someday if I ever wanted to go back to a floating fountain I just reglue the pump on as it was before. The pump being buried under the graven acts as natural prefilter. The nozzle rarely gets clogged.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
never would have thought you could rewire them .They have one at harbor freight that i have been looking at every time i go there .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Interesting on not clogging under the gravel. If one had a pump in a pond and wanted to keep it from clogging all the time I would think you could put that in a pot of gravel to keep it unclogged. I have one that I might just try that with.

FountainMan

Reaction score
IMG_20140516_145011.jpg
IMG_20140516_145038.jpg
IMG_20140516_145048.jpg
Almost forgot another key feature of my pond. I have the fountain pump also riged up to a spigot system. So I can water the surrounding garden with pond water instead of chlorinated tap water. I also incorporated a spray hose into the garden. The hose has little punctures in it that spray water to surrounding plants. Also have some micro drip emitters. When I need to water the flower beds I turn the valve on the fountain off and open the valves to the irrigation.

Ask a Question