addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have been using it for the past 4ish years. Our pond at times freezes over solid and deep. I have not loss fish since I started using it. That is what I like!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Right, it only heats up the water that is pumped with the small pump rather than indiscriminately heating water all around the deicer heating element.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I really hate to hoard things, but I couldn't pass it up for the price. Bought the dogs some treats so I got free shipping too. Thanks for letting us know!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Way better than $79 they were going for last winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
It was such an unbelievably low price, I just couldn't resist. @callingcolleen1 at that price you could have tried it as a supplement to your big pumps. I like having a couple things in place, so if one fails, something else is still working.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
It was such an unbelievably low price, I just couldn't resist. @callingcolleen1 at that price you could have tried it as a supplement to your big pumps. I like having a couple things in place, so if one fails, something else is still working.
its just too small and my fish are way too big and valuable and I know it will not work for my hard long winters, but for some people in milder climates and smaller fish then it would be fine. I much prefer to run my pumps all year round as it keeps water nice and fresh.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Thanks for letting us know, I ordered two as backups so is am set for years. Looking at the clearance stuff i found new crane statues to replace the 12 year ones being held up with field stones around their legs. Fosters and Smith are going to love me this week, I just ordered i just ordered my dogs glucosamine on Friday. I guess will need to start looking at the clearance area more often.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
for as little as I run mine not really worth it .Plus I can leave mine plugged in and just turn the switch off and on from inside the house

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Picked this up along with the 64oz bottle of stress coat which was 29.59 when I just paid 21.49 for a 32oz bottle on sale. Great finds thank you @addy. We have semi harsh winters too but I also bought the pond heater from the people I bought the koi from. Double coverage can't hurt.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You know guys, sometimes I’m a little jealous of you who live where there is actually a season called WINTER! Just kidding, but seeing this makes me want to buy a Pond Breather.....even though I have absolutely no use for one!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
They are having a great sale. Some stuff 75% off! I grabbed one too. My luck would be not buying it and have my existing deicer crap out. For that price I couldn't help it. Plus I purchased a couple other small things and got free shipping. I normally use the 250 watt K&H deicer. I've had one K&H go bad a couple years back, so this new device will be a back-up...just in case. I will probably try it along with the deicer just to see how well it works. I'm a little concerned that it will not be enough for our harsh PA winters. We'll see...

Ask a Question