pond bubblers and water evaporation

Reaction score
hello all,

500 gallon pond. this winter i added a dual aquascape bubbler to my pond https://www.google.com/search?espv=...2Fthe-Aerators-for-Ponds%2FCategories;200;200

i also have a floating heater.

I have the stream off at this point and i noticed the water levels to be kinda fishy. with the amount of snow and rain the water levels are high but not extremely high.

have u guys seem bubblers causing water evaporation and even floating heaters?

i know the dual bubblers is probably overkill but i got a deal on them. not in crises mode as i believe if i did have a leak somewhere my sump pump would be going off more as the pond is pretty much up against the house.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, maybe heated water would be more prone to evaporation, and same with moving water. So guessing it could cause some evaporation, but wouldn't think it would be a significant amt just with that.

I seem to notice more water loss during the colder months here, but wondering if it's because our humidity is very high in summer, and usually a lot lower in the colder months [can't really call it winter in the south, LOL].

Reaction score
It seems like I notice more water loss in the colder season, too. And summers in my area can be deadly hot. Hmmm, wonder why that is? I mean I know I have a leak right now, but I didn't last year...or maybe I did and the heat of the summer made it go unnoticed. That's probably more like it...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 1,000 gallon Imperial pond and use a spindrifter bubbler on our bottom drain .
Two however is more than a little overkill for such a small pond of 500 gallons so it may be an idea next winter to use just the one . .

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Evaporation is a bigger issue for us in the winter, because the air is so much drier I'm sure. But anything that creates splashing will increase evaporation.

Ask a Question