addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is neat Mitch. I have seen a few rosey reds in the ponds. Nothing like you have

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Seems like in the spring I would find small fish ... when I had babies in my ponds 3 years ago ... and wondered how 1) I missed them the previous year, and 2) how they survived through the winter. Guess they are all hardier than we thought! Congrats on your happy fish and Spring!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hummmmmmmmmmm five hour drive = x in gas or go to pet store................hummmmmmmmm

But it sure would be a neat trip and get to see your set up. I would love to travel around and visit.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I might just do that some day! Right now I am so busy with trying to create heaven here on earth and it's one project after another this year. Need to work on new pond in between getting front yatd beautiful, then there is the house work which right now I am getting behind with, need to finish the fence, work, and then there is dear old mommy who needs me more and more.
Thanks you so very much Mitch, and your minnows are going to fill the pond out really well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Funny, we in IL had another colder than normal winter, although not as much snow as last winter. You guys in Canada had a milder winter. How does that work out anyhow? Where did you used to live in Central IL, Rodsboys? You're right, though, I would not want to live anywhere colder than where I am now. I like having all 4 seasons, but not drastic for any of them. I think the weather here is perfect, although I don't care for 90+ degrees and high humidity when it hangs around for 3 months instead of 3 weeks. Hopefully this summer will be like last summer. :)

I DO miss having 4 legitimate seasons. Here spring really is late winter/early summer and fall is late summer/early winter. I grew up in Peoria by the way. The majority of my family is still there though. I'll actually be there for a visit in August this year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We had a chance to check out the natural pond today, for the first time this year.
It's still 70% iced over.

IMG_8902.jpg
IMG_8924.jpg

Ask a Question