addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We get the toads first , then the spring peepers (tree frogs high pitched loud) then the frogs all laying eggs in the ponds. Then 1000's of eggs, 1000's of tads, but never overwhelmed with frogs or toads. The toads leave the pond first tiny tiny little toads hopping out and going on with life.
DSC08153.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
TADPOLE BUTT!!! Love it!!

Our earliest are the Wood Frogs, then the toads show up in mass. So far we haven't drawn in a population of Spring Peepers (saw/heard one last year, but I'm not sure if he was successful in finding any 'friends') Late Spring the Pickerel Frogs do their spawning, then during the summer we have Green & Bullfrogs, plus the Cope's Gray Tree Frogs that visit to lay eggs. Basically our pond is the local 'no tell motel' for amphibians! :LOL:
But, even with all that action, we're never overwhelmed (well, except for those few days that there are hundreds of toads hopping around the yard) They all seem to be able to find a balance in population.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yeah, we have those tiny tree frogs that are very vocal. During the height of summer, they are really loud. I mean really loud! I like the sound, but that's me.

Some people mistake the sound of tree frogs as being crickets, but it's a completely different sound.

Nature is awesome!

Ask a Question