sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I want the kids on the swing in the last pic they sell the in Atlantic city NJ and free shipping and that one is 2 thousand dollars .

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
Pinterest is bulletin board that people from all over the country from all different types of catagories (food, DYI Crafts, design, garden, travel, etc.) You become a member and follow others and pin ideas others have pinned on their boards. I have several bullentin boards (desserts, food, memories, garden, cakes and cupcakes, holidays, etc.) For example when you click on the picture of a garden idea it will give you the instructions on how to do it. Pinterest is addictive. Google it and then ask to join it.

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Pinterest is where I got the idea to make my own laundry soap and fabric softener. Great ideas can be found there!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
PL is it just my computer or does it say Posted Image under your signature below Wishing you a blessed day,Lena? I assume there is supposed to be a picture but my computer doesn't show it.

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
I do not see the picture either J.W. Pondlover you don't live to terribly far from me. I went through you city June 16th on my way to Maryville, TN to see my son. I really like Jackson.

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
Boy, I tell ya I am just itching to get this pond started. It has been in the upper 90's and lower 100's here and it is to hot to get out there digging and hauling rocks. Do any of you have a drain in the bottom of your pond and how does that benefit your pond?

Reaction score
8 x 11 is a decent sized pond. Personally, I think people get screwed on the kits. I would advise buying a 45 mil liner. With a bit of basic info from you, the group members could walk you through building a pond:) First step is the hole... you say 8 x 11 is your goal, but how deep? If you went 3' deep, that would give you almost 2000 gallons of water, which would allow for a few koi, as well as goldfish & shubunkins...

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
Capewind, I have already told my husband and son no pond kit. I want them to dig it 3 ft. but they are saying that is too deep so I may have to get out there and dig it deeper myself :)))) They have a liner at Lowe's that is a 10X15 but I am afraid that may not give me enough to work with if I go deeper. They have a PVC liner thats bigger and cheaper but I heard they are not as good.
Yes, there are a lot of hard core pond people on here that know their stuff.

Reaction score
Just be sure the liner is 45 mil, you dont want the headaches of a thinner liner. Also keep in mind, that on all 4 sides, you will have a MINIMUM of 1' of nonwater holding area, as you need to have some over hang to weight the liner down. Our QT pond is only 750 gallons, using a 10 x 15 liner. Water holding area is 5 x 10 x 2.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I went 4 1/2 feet because of temps here being kinda of hot and I always try to use the rule if a footing for a deck has to be so deep because of freezing then pond should be at least that deep and a little more .But if you live in a really hot state then you need to go deeper to keep fish cool .I am glad i went deep after the winter of 2010 .I never thought that winter would end and then this past winter was so mild I do not think we really had a winter .Think though that we are paying for it now ,the heat is on .My neighbor has a pvc liner and so far it has been 10 years but for lasting the test of time epdm liner is the way to go for now .I know the lowes in NC has liners epdm for 139 dollars 15x20 .I just saw them there last week .You can go online to look at there prices and most ship to the store for free .If you google it for your area you may find a place there that sells liner cheap .Right now my liner is rubber roofing and basically the same thing .I got it dirt cheap from a roofer that was going out of business .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had to replace my liner last year after a new neighbor moved in and there dog ripped my liner with his claws trying to get out .I guess his back paws did the most damage and that was a 45 mil thick one and the one before that was pvc and was still in great shape ,but built the pond bigger and deeper .Should have gone deeper to start but did not know what i know now with the help of this sight .I wish i had gone 5 or even 6 feet deep though .I guess I should have .A pond never seems to be an asset when you plan on selling in the future ,so I don't plan on doing much more than changing the waterfall now .

Ask a Question