Pond Surface Leaf Vacuum

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Does anyone know of a device made to vacuum leafs from a ponds SURFACE? Btw, I tried laying out my leaf net but it was far, far too large and difficult to place due to the trees being so close to the pond.

:) squirrels are feasting on the nuts falling from our two bald cypress trees!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Some have skimmers in their ponds that suck the leaves and such into it. I just use a hand net to scoop mine out.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have a large light weight net that is hard to see, that I put over the pond and it stops lots of leaves, also some still fall through.

and just for the record... Tim Horton's coffee better than Starbucks!!!

Attachments

• IMAG1403.jpg
    IMAG1403.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 305
  • IMAG1648-1.jpg
    IMAG1648-1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 293
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have a large light weight net that is hard to see, that I put over the pond and it stops lots of leaves, also some still fall through.

and just for the record... Tim Horton's coffee better than Starbucks!!!

Looks very effective Colleen. I don't drink coffee myself. It's seems Starbucks thinks they are the end all be all of coffee purveyors. I can't understand why anyone would pay such high prices.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Do you have Tim Hortons down their? Here in Canada Starbucks has a very hard time competing with Tim Hortons, everybody gets a "Timmy" and line ups go out the door sometimes. It's way cheaper, smoother, not bitter, and they use real coffee cream, 18% milk fat, not the crappy half and half, or skim milk! Make the coffee takes soooo good! :)

Reaction score
I am not endorsing buying from this seller, but this is the one we purchased last year for skimming on a smaller pond in our backyard. It is only 6' x 9' surface area. But this does a great job of catching everything. If it floats, this grabs it. But according to how big of surface area your pond it may not work quite as well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/660gph-Floa...351?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2559ec9aff

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Do you have Tim Hortons down their? Here in Canada Starbucks has a very hard time competing with Tim Hortons, everybody gets a "Timmy" and line ups go out the door sometimes. It's way cheaper, smoother, not bitter, and they use real coffee cream, 18% milk fat, not the crappy half and half, or skim milk! Make the coffee takes soooo good! :)

No

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am not endorsing buying from this seller, but this is the one we purchased last year for skimming on a smaller pond in our backyard. It is only 6' x 9' surface area. But this does a great job of catching everything. If it floats, this grabs it. But according to how big of surface area your pond it may not work quite as well.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item2559ec9aff

Looks like it would work, and it is working for you, thanks for posting for others looking for one

Reaction score
I do not think it could handle the deluge of cypres leaves that fall in about a weeks time. Seems great for routine maintence. By the way Dr.'s Foster & Smith sells it.
It will not handle a lot of stuff at once without being cleaned out daily. But I am truly impressed with it. It catches small limbs, leaves extra food and even baby birds that got blown out of the maple tree. It does a very good job and can fill up quickly. And it is fun watching the smaller fish swim over the lip of it and grabbing food that has been sucked in. A couple of them figured out it was the best place to grab food and not have to fight the others for it.

Ask a Question