Pondless Waterfall Build Questions

Reaction score
Country
United States
IF THERE IS A GASKJET OR ORING IN THERE THEN NOTHING GOES ON THE THREADS . DONT OVER TIGHTEN
Got it. But what about the connections without o rings, such as where the pipe connects to the pump? I was researching and opinions are all over the place?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ITS UNDER WATER so what if it has a little leak

Reaction score
Country
United States
ITS UNDER WATER so what if it has a little leak
That's what I was thinking,.. but was also thinking that if it leaked, it may affect the flow of water, thus less water cascading. Just me being overly analytical. Logically I guess it'd have to be leaking A TON to affect the waterfall.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It’s about a foot wide and flowing roughly 2000 GPH. No holes. I ripped a 3/8 wide slot down the pipe with a table saw and then glued the fittings on.

Recommend gluing first, then cutting. Pipe w/slot pre-cut flexes too much to hold fittings during glue up.

Just make slot bigger than you’ll need. Size doesn’t matter as long as it’s not too small.
(That’s what she said.)
@combatwombat , I finally made the secondary stream, pvc spillway. I'm using a Tee fitting with a few inches on either side. I believe I cut the slot too wide, at maybe 1.75 inches. Not sure why, other than going off of aquascape openings. Anyway, it seems to me that if water is hitting the Tee at 2", then it will barely be able to dispurse left and right to create a sheet, instead, it'll just basically shoot out the other side of spillway. Cheap enough to rebuild, but wanted your opinion first. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@combatwombat , I finally made the secondary stream, pvc spillway. I'm using a Tee fitting with a few inches on either side. I believe I cut the slot too wide, at maybe 1.75 inches. Not sure why, other than going off of aquascape openings. Anyway, it seems to me that if water is hitting the Tee at 2", then it will barely be able to dispurse left and right to create a sheet, instead, it'll just basically shoot out the other side of spillway. Cheap enough to rebuild, but wanted your opinion first. Thanks!

I think you should just try it!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's what I was thinking,.. but was also thinking that if it leaked, it may affect the flow of water, thus less water cascading. Just me being overly analytical. Logically I guess it'd have to be leaking A TON to affect the waterfall.
YOU WOULD HAVE TO CROSS THREAD IT TO LEAK BAD ENOUGH TO MATTER

Ask a Question