Possible plant

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
A couple of days ago I discovered a rather alien looking something on the pond's bottom. A bit larger than a golf ball, bright brass in color, cylindrical shaped, perfectly stright thin wire like projections originating from a very small center core. Will attempt to take a photo of it tomorrow. Have you ever heard or seen such a plant? This is not a joke.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Did you see strange lights over the night sky? Sounds like you were visited by a UFO (or would it be a USO?).

Yes, PLEASE GET A PIC! What kind of trees/plants do you have nearby? Could be something like a sycamore ball (?) or other "seed dispersal system" that made its way to your pond -- just speculating...... In the short year that I've had my pond, I'm finding all kind of "stuff" that I never noticed before.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got could be an alien ship and they picked lou's pond and little men will come out and invade the pond .There kingdom now lou .They raise a flag in there you are a goner . :cheerful: Get a pic you could make a fortune .

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Lol you know you set your self up for that one Lou
I want to see the pic for myself

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Could not help myself. Carefully pulled it up so I could solve the mystery. I think it is an oxgenator plant bleached the brass color by the algaeside. What do you think?

Attachments

• 108.JPG
    108.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 150

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
The root still looks good I would stick it in a crack in shallow water

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Big Lou said:
The plant is still in the laundry room. A little concerned it is the latest version of a body snatchers plant! ( alien like smirk )
Well, don't go to sleep with it in your house, for heavens sake! You live too close to me -- I don't want those things heading over here next!

Ask a Question