POTM September 2017 Winner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I always associated your locale with RAIN! Everytime I seemed to read your posts on the 'weather is like today' thread, you moaned about the wet stuff! Guess you should be sorry what you wish for, hey? Around here, we're having typical September weather now; cooler, upper 60s/low 70s and a threat of rain. But August was really different this year as we've had much cooler and more rain than usual. Typical August here is hot and dry. So, and I hope I'm wrong, but it seems the whole seasonal calendar has been advanced by a month, which means I'm worried we'll get an early autumn and winter. Which might mean a looooong winter. Guess we're gonna pay for LAST winter when I was working on the bog in mid Feb and the temp was in the 70s. Payback is a b*tch...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep we are all fried here, grass looks like straw. Maybe we are having a major climate change..............who knows.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks, Gemma. I wish. This on the northern edge of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, near Lake Superior's southern beach. I'm located in the Lower Peninsula, 40 minutes west of Detroit.
I guess I'm closer to the UP than you are! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you, addy! We timed the Fall season perfectly and the falls was like icing on the cake.

Ask a Question