Property Brothers

Reaction score
Ever watch the Property Brothers? Can someone explain why anyone in their right mind would spend a half a million dollars on a rat hole, then put another $150,000 into it ? Yes the Brothers make it look beautiful on the inside (only a few rooms though) but they can't change the outside or the shabby neighborhoods that these hell holes are in. If these places are the most affordable housing that a city offers then I would pack up and find a better area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My wife watches it all the time. 2 episodes last night. They show buyers a house way above their budget, then, show other fixer uppers below their budget, and renovate one into dream homes. Same thing different house every time. As far as TV goes, I limit myself to the news and Netflix. Not tied down to any show or series.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
My wife watches it all the time. 2 episodes last night. They show buyers a house way above their budget, then, show other fixer uppers below their budget, and renovate one into dream homes. Same thing different house every time. As far as TV goes, I limit myself to the news and Netflix. Not tied down to any show or series.

Yeah. My wife watches it too. I just tell her they are gay and she yells at me to shut up.

Of course they aren't I just like to harass her :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Gay? Really? I find that super offensive.

Why? I'm joking with her because if they were gay they wouldn't be interested in women and she likes them. Why would that be offensive in any way?

We have gay friends who joke about liking someone on tv then remind the other they are straight and say "shoot" and laugh. I don't find that offensive being straight.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Why? I'm joking with her because if they were gay they wouldn't be interested in women and she likes them. Why would that be offensive in any way?

We have gay friends who joke about liking someone on tv then remind the other they are straight and say "shoot" and laugh. I don't find that offensive being straight.
My bad. I misunderstood it then. I thought you were using it as a slur. :)

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
My daughter is 100% gay, you'd be surprised what we say around each other with no offense taken.
Now where's that property bro's show?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
Words and their meanings, how they change with the times! In Idaho, just across the Oregon border from Ontario, Oregon, is Gayway Junction, which is in Fruitland and used to have a pink bowling alley! In the 50s and early 60s, gay was happy and fruit referred to all the orchards there. I'm not sure about pink on the bowling alley, but probably just to stand out, red tends to fade to pink in hot and sunny locations anyway.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
My daughter is 100% gay, you'd be surprised what we say around each other with no offense taken.
Now where's that property bro's show?

I think its HGTV. When I'm not in charge of the remote there are only 4 channels. HGTV, Oxygen, Hallmark, Hallmark Movies and Fox Sports Southwest (she is a massive Rangers fan)

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Found it on Netflix. 4 seasons worth. I watched 1 and 1/2 shows, like the way they drop the furniture in the computer models. You sure those guys are brothers?;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
argg.. I cant watch those shows anymore. My husband is a builder and before that he flip houses. One of the show contacted him to be on the show for the area and he said no. They didnt show the real problems of flipping houses and long wait for inspection or electrical/ foundation problems, they just make it look so easy. Then people who watched the show complain that their contractor created problems/ took too long to fix tiny things. I watched a few shows and was screaming at the TV that they were making stupid mistake and ofcourse, the next 5 minutes it's all drama about that mistake which shoul'dve been avoided in the first place. Also the show got the inspection line up (the city accommodate them so they dont have to wait weeks like everybody else to get inspection) and didnt even mention that each thing they do need to be inspect. arg....

Ask a Question