sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pool hose works and so does sump pump hose .It depends on the size you need .I have been using sump pump hose ,cheap to replace and since it does not get to cold here most times it works good .Been using it for over a year .Pool hose is stronger and can take more abuse .It would also depend on your winters and if you are going to change things now and then .I find it easier with flexible hose for me ,but thats me ,not every one .

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I used a pond pipe that is called Tiger flex [from USA I think}. Costs more money but is well made and thick walls. Yes a cheaper flex hose at H-depot for example might have collaspe issues or leaks etc.

Reaction score
Brandon that is awesome I had no idea you could bend PVC like that! Saves on couplers and angles huh? I've been wanting to move my filters to my garage, that will be a great way to do it? I also see that you do not have the pipe buried, can I bury the pipe or should I find a different place to run the pipe? Could I use the venturi on my up flow bio, haven't started my bog yet :( hopefully soon.

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
It saves on couplings, angles and reduces friction loss. I just haven't had time to bury it. Also if you have cold winters, make sure you build it so you can drain the lines for winter. I have 2 rubber couplings on mine so I can drain the lines easy and bring my pump inside. I have a ventury on my up flow bio.

Ask a Question