Pump types

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
So in my freshwater aquarium I have a variable speed DC pump. At feeding I can push a button and it shuts off and in 10 minutes it slowly ramps up to full speed again. It is more economical to run than A.C. pumps. Are there pumps like this in the pond hobby? And would the feeding switch be needed?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I never turn my pumps off in my pond while feeding ,no reason to turn it off .I do have all my pond equipment on switch's that are in my master bedroom closet .Makes it easy if I look out the window from hubbies bathroom and anything wrong I can switch off the pumps .

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Agree with sissy, i never turn my pumps off when feeding. The fish and turtles have no issues getting all the food. The main pump to my waterfall is an aquascape variable speed 8,000 gph pump with a remote. Of course, the remote quit working last summer, so it is stuck on full throttle. Suppose it is better than being stuck on a lower setting.

Ask a Question