quarantine tank

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Determining Tank Volumes
I have a 100 gallon oval Rubbermaid stock tank I have been using for a quarantine tank. While handy, well made with sturdy sides and bottoms, they are not easy to determine volume. They are smaller at the bottom and angle out so that the standard formula for figuring volume does not work. You can estimate but if you need the specific gallons when dosing fish with medications that need to be exact, that could be scary.
I called the Rubbermaid manufacturers and after explaining my dilemma, got the following info for a 100 gallon black (WT100 HTC) stock tank :
7” deep equals 25 gallons, 13” deep is 50 gallons, 18” deep is 75 gallons, and 23.5” is 100 gallons.
If you have a larger tank and have the same concerns, call 1-800-347-9800 option #3 (east coast time) and ask for the measurements of your sized tank. Great company, helpful and friendly. Now you can feel comfortable dosing your fish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
well was finally able to capture him here are some pics, the water is from the pond. The eye looks to be crusted over with a white/yellowish hard film.

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

Does the eye look as though its leaking puss ?
If it is its the eye repairing itself I had one of our koi damaging its eye some years ago now and within a few days it had cleared, however we need a good shot of the ye as your photos though good dont tell us much aat all....
Do you know how to Anethatise your fish for a close up on the eye ?

Dave

Ask a Question