question about pressure filters

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hi folks,

I'm looking for a filter at my other house. The pond is much smaller only about 1000 gallons and only half of that has fish because its 2 ponds running into each other.

What I have had is a ProEco 2000 presurized filter but its about 5 years old, the gaskets are shot and let water into the UV light ruining the power supply and after the cost of replacing the foam pads and the UV top I'd rather just buy a new unit.

What I'm looking at is the UltraKlean Biological Pressure Filter. I want to get away from the foam and make it easier to clean because the old proeco you had to pump to sqeeze the foam and the wife is not a fan :)

http://www.thepondoutlet.com/page_18036_270/ultraklean-biological-pressure-filter-p18036

The other one I'm considering is Ultima II 1,000. It doesn't have a UV light however and you have to turn the pump off and on each time you cycle it.

http://www.aquaultraviolet.com/products/filters/ultima2/1000

Here are some pics of the pond. The filter sits behind the top pond between the pond and the fence.

2011-04-04_18-38-49_411.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Not familiar with the Ultraklean, but the entire line of Ultima filters are quite dependable. Just make sure that you get one large enough. You did not indicate how many fish and what size?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Not familiar with the Ultraklean, but the entire line of Ultima filters are quite dependable. Just make sure that you get one large enough. You did not indicate how many fish and what size?

Yes I have an ultima 4000 at my other house and I really like it. But I also have a UV filter on it as well. If I did it here I would be forgoing that filter as the cost would be out of range of what I'd like to spend.

My apologies on the fish. In this pond there are roughly 10-12 all in the lower pond. All are Koi but American breed not pure Japanese. About half of those are babies. The largest are about 7-8 inches long and there are about 5 of them. The rest are 3-5 inches or less.

Ask a Question