Question on pond air pumps

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hi everyone! Well my air pump finally died after 6 years of faithful service. Like many politicians its making a bunch of noise with no results. :D I just got a new one, a Blue Diamond ET100. My old one was an AL 100. I've got 2 questions. #1 is there anything I can do with the old one besides just throw it in the trash? And on the new one, is there any maintenance I should be aware of? I'm embarrassed to say I did nothing with the old one.

Thanks!

1680203299085.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Do you know if your new air pump operates with a diaphragm or a linear piston ? For preventative maintenance I usually replace the diaphragm on mine every couple years. Other then that and keeping it covered I don't perform any other maintenance.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Do you know if your new air pump operates with a diaphragm or a linear piston ? For preventative maintenance I usually replace the diaphragm on mine every couple years. Other then that and keeping it covered I don't perform any other maintenance.

I checked the old one does have a diaphragm. I checked and the replacement diaphram is 100 bucks which for me is too rich just to find out since I bought the new one.

The new one is also a diaphragm model so at least I know now it can be rebuilt. Thank you both for the information!!

Ask a Question