Questions concerning attracting American bullfrogs to backyard ponds

Reaction score
Country
United States
I name none of them or the fish. Usually a named one disappears.

They are all called pretty fish and cute frog.
"Teresa" the red-eared slider is the only animal I plan on getting attached to. The general rule is to never get attached to any animal that a red-eared slider will share its space with, because the turtle might decide to eat it without cause. They sometimes kill fish that they've lived with for years.

There's always a chance that a bullfrog or even a bird will never go near the water in our pond again after meeting her, but I'll still do what I can to make the pond hospitable for wildlife.

Moni_Pond

Fish Mom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I name none of them or the fish. Usually a named one disappears.

They are all called pretty fish and cute frog.
Ha! The very first fish that I decided to name, Al, was never seen again after naming. He disappeared overnight, likely from a raccoon visit. I’ve only named one other fish since.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have many big bullfrogs in my koi pond. I have never had a problem with them going after my fish or birds that drink and bath in it. My koi range from 6 inches to 18 inches. I enjoy all the frogs.

Attachments

• IMG_2657.jpeg
    IMG_2657.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5157.jpeg
    IMG_5157.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3960.jpeg
    IMG_3960.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have many big bullfrogs in my koi pond. I have never had a problem with them going after my fish or birds that drink and bath in it. My koi range from 6 inches to 18 inches. I enjoy all the frogs.
Is there anything in particular that the frogs find attractive about the pond?

Ask a Question