Rail road ties on outter part of pond

Reaction score
I like the PVC pipe idea too. I mean if I had access to a really cheap, salvage type, access to the material. That stuff costs a lot in those sizes and thickness needed.

This also made me think of something for my next pond, putting a brass or copper lean rail around the edge of a raised formal pond. I've been thinking my next pond would be raised and at least part formal. The rail would fit tie into other elements inside the house.

Reaction score
I like the PVC pipe idea too. I mean if I had access to a really cheap, salvage type, access to the material. That stuff costs a lot in those sizes and thickness needed.

This also made me think of something for my next pond, putting a brass or copper lean rail around the edge of a raised formal pond. I've been thinking my next pond would be raised and at least part formal. The rail would fit tie into other elements inside the house.

Ooh! I can envision that in my mind and it looks really awesome! The brassy oolor would be neat. But, I really like the idea of the copper, true copper. Although expensive and you would have to look out for theives, after 6 - 10 years, the copper would have a beautiful petina that would just set the pond off wonderfully! Can you imagine how it would look? That is a swell notion, even though it would be expensive right now.

Gordy

Reaction score
The subject of copper has me thinking... I have a suggestion, but I will post it in the general chat area. I don't want to distract from this subject or go off on too much of a tangent here. Look for my idea there.

Gordy

Ask a Question