rain water and dead fish?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
really more for entertainment and should only be used for entertainment.

I agree it is entertaining and fun to read and share here, but it's condescending to say this forum's only value is entertainment. I learned so much from this forum before we built our pond. There are so many here who happily, freely, and willingly share their experiences and things they've learned along the way without worrying about whether or not you take their advice - even when they ARE right. There's no judgement when people have problems or need help, no jumping on anyone because they choose to do something differently. Just lots of smart, funny, generous people wanting to see other happy pond owners enjoying their little piece of paradise. I mean we aren't building space ships to the moon here, so it's OK for people to try out ideas and experiment along the way.

But if you're heavily invested in being the expert who has the last word in pondkeeping, then this probably isn't the place for you.

Ask a Question